EPS designs, engineers and manufactures advanced composite vessels for military, commercial, sport and recreational use.
EPS current products include the EPS M10 Hovercraft and EPS 2.2 Hovercraft.
These true amphibian Hovercrafts provide our customers, armed forces and disaster recovery teams around the world with the ability to traverse any terrain, be it on water, ice or land, to protect borders and provide rescue avenues and mobility to peacekeeping forces.
We have facilities located in both Titusville and Merritt Island, Florida.
ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING
Set apart from typical hovercraft designs, which incorporate aluminum as a chief manufacturing component, EPS engineers and manufactures the next generation of hovercrafts. Our hovercraft are designed to reduce operational and maintenance costs while improving reliability and maintainability. Using Fiber Reinforced Plastic composites - made from fiber glass, Kevlar and carbon fiber - enables the craft to be lighter, thus achieving a higher thrust-to-weight ratio resulting in reduced power requirements and reduction in carbon emissions. Our hovercraft design takes green technology a step further; the vessels use lift fans to create an air cushion that glides over the top of both land and water so that neither intrusive propellers nor shafts disturb the marine ecological environment. Gliding above the surface of the water ensures that fragile marine flora and fauna remain undisturbed. EPS Hovercrafts do not create bow wake which can cause erosion to the shoreline.
EPS received the "2010 Green Recognition Award" in the Green Secure Transportation category from "Homeland Security Today" magazine for building advanced composite hovercrafts that stand out as environmentally friendly marine vessels.
EPS manufactures the EPS M10 Hovercraft at EPS Vectorworks, LLC. Our Titusville shipyard, situated on Florida’s Indian River, is dedicated to the design, development, and manufacture of composite vessels up to 70 meters in length.
EPS computer-based systems are used to engineer customer concepts, develop two and three dimensional drawings or models, and by using the on-site 5-axis milling machine, convert these models directly into limited and/or full production tooling and molds.
EPS Vectorworks has the ability and facilities to:
- Engineer and produce prototype vessels
- Test and trial vessels
- Refine and develop the design for the manufacturing process
In addition, the size of the shipyard facilities allows for full production of several vessels to continue concurrently.
EPS M10 Hovercraft
The 67 foot (20 meter) EPS M10 Hovercraft is a fully amphibious, composite vessel that traverses over terrain that no conventional vessels or patrol craft can access. With a top speed of 50 knots, an operational envelope to the maximum of Sea State 4 and an eleven (11) ton disposable load capability, the EPS M10 can be configured to carry combat troops, logistic supply cargo or even light vehicles. Operational scenarios include over-the-horizon landings in shallow waters, coastal patrol duties, marshland access or compromised marine borders. The EPS M10 is manufactured under license from ABS Hovercraft Ltd. at our EPS Vectorworks facility. EPS has manufactured and delivered two EPS M10 vessels to Saudi Arabia for use by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Border Guard.
EPS M10 Standard Specifications:
- Hull Construction -- Single Skin FRP
- Deck and Superstructure Construction -- FRP Sandwich
- Length (operational) -- 67 ft. 7 in.
- Length (skirt deflated) -- 64 ft. 8 in.
- Beam (operational) -- 28 ft. 10 in.
- Beam (skirt deflated) -- 24 ft. 6 in.
- Cushion Height -- 3 ft. 3 in.
- Off Cushion Draft -- 20 in.
EPS M10 Performance Specifications:
- Maximum Calm Water Speed (lightship) -- 50 knots
- Maximum Calm Water Speed (fully laden) -- 40 knots
- Range (calm water) -- Up to 500 Nautical Miles (Nm)
EPS M10 Power Specifications:
- Engines -- 2 x MAN water cooled D2842 LE211 each developing 680 kW (continuous)
- Propellers -- 2 x 4 bladed controllable pitch air propellers
For more information regarding the M-10 Hovercraft
- Disposable Load -- 22,000 lbs.
- Crew -- Minimum of 2
- Heads/Washroom -- Standard on all craft
- Bow Ramp -- 8 ft. 2 in. clear opening
EPS 2.2 HOVERCRAFT
The 36 foot (11 meter) EPS 2.2 Hovercraft is a fully amphibious composite vessel powered by a single standard diesel engine and capable of speeds up to 40 knots and an operational envelope to the maximum of Sea State 3. The craft can operate fully loaded in winds up to 25 knots and one meter seas as well as over virtually any terrain to include sand, ice, roadway, etc. The EPS 2.2 is being designed to be airlifted in a 40 foot container or can be road transported on a standard flat bed truck.
EPS 2.2 Standard Specifications:
- Hull Construction Advanced Non-Corrosive FRP Composite
- Deck and Superstructure Construction Advanced Non-Corrosive FRP Composite
- Length (operational) --- 36 ft
- Beam (operational) --- 15 ft 9 in
- Cushion Height --- 2 ft
- Obstacle Clearance --- 20 in
- Height (operational) --- 10 ft 6 in
Packed Dimensions with Duct Removed:
- Length --- 39 ft 5 in
- Height --- 6 ft 7 in
- Beam --- 7 ft 11 in
- Weight --- 3.3 tons
- Maximum Calm Water Speed (lightship) --- 40 knots
- Maximum Calm Water Speed (fully laden)--- 32 knots
- Range (calm water) --- more than 500 Nautical Miles (Nm)
- Engines --- Single standard diesel engine
- Propellers --- 4 bladed controllable pitch air propellers
For more information regarding the EPS 2.2 Hovercraft
- Disposable Load --- 4,850 lbs
- Crew --- Minimum of 2
EPS-Narwhal USA provides Narwhal Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) primarily for military, life-saving and rescue, and offshore markets. Utilizing our access to U.S. Government contract vehicles, EPS-Narwhal USA brings these high-quality RIBs to the U.S. and other international markets. Integration and other production activities are expected to take place at EPS facilities in the U.S., as well as at Narwhal’s established facilities in Spain. EPS currently offers the following Narwhal RIBs:
- 33' and 36’ FAST Boats
- 23', 25’, 26’ and 29’ Super Boats
- 16' and 18’ Work Boats
- 25', 26’, 29’, 33’ and 36’ Military Boats
EPS Maritime Services and Products
EPS Navy Systems provides services and products to meet
the needs of shipping, offshore and defense industries. We
are an internationally based engineering and safety consultant,
providing comprehensive engineering and naval architectural
services to support, construct and repair vessels as
well as managing conversion projects.
When faced with technological issues that are the focus of
legal debate, EPS provides a powerful combination of technical
expertise and practical experience to assist those involved
in litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- Concept Design
- Detailed Design
- Hull maintenance strategies and longevity assessments
- Ballast water management plans
- Emergency response services
STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
- 3D Hull Modeling including main structure members –bulkheads, decks, plating, main frames, etc.
- Buckling and heat transfer
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of structure under loads
- The analysis results for a FEA model indicate stress, strain, and deflections at each of the elements
- Proposed modifications are analyzed in detail to provide the optimum solution
- Project Management
- Dry-docking supervision, repair and cost control
- Diesel engine repair and management
- Electrical control and monitoring systems
- Hull repair supervision, cost control
- New construction drawing review
- New Construction supervision, cost control, dimensions, tolerances and clearances are noted as indicated; structural detail, coating and all areas of hull outfit
- Ensure that the vessel is designed and built according to acceptable standards and is safe to operate
NEW CONSTRUCTION AND CONVERSION
- Construction supervision and shipyard quality auditing
- Shipyard recommendations
- Delivery/ acceptance test & trials
ASSET INTEGRITY “TECHNICAL HEALTH–CHECK”
- Inspection of military support ships and systems, evaluation of Operational Expenditure (OPEX), maintenance practice and cost
EMERGENCY SUPPORT SERVICES
- Prompt response on stability and structural matters
- Rapid response and advice
- 24 Hour emergency response to provide real time support
- Bunker quality and fuel oil investigations
- Dock damage surveys
- Engine failure analysis
- Failure analysis and design modifications
- Fraud investigation
- Hull and machinery surveys
- Personal injury and accident investigations
- Ship, tug, barge, yacht and hovercraft surveys