SEAPORT-E QUALITY ASSURANCE
THE EPS QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (QMS) IS INTEGRATED WITHIN OUR SEAPORT-E PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
We bring forward leading commercial and Federal quality practices and maintain a dedicated, independent team of Quality Assurance (QA) professionals who are trained in project management and the QA discipline. EPS Corporation’s QMS is ISO 9001:2008 certified. EPS has held this certification since May 2002, and can be verified thru American Global Standards, LLC (AGS)
.Reach out to AGS using via email at Certification Number AGS-US091609-1A.
EPS maintains focus on quality through regular quality audits performed both by external certifying agencies and internal quality specialists. Quality audits verify that we are following our procedures and are communicating with our clients to solicit their feedback on our performance. They also document areas for improvement and define timeframes for implementation.
EPS’ proven approach to the development and implementation to a complete and comprehensive QMS supports the performance in the major services area functions required within Scope of the Seaport E program. Our QMS is an active and integral part of what we do and how we do it and includes the following characteristics:
- Independent from all other parts of the EPS organization
- Directly accountable to the EPS CEO
- Facilitates direct and indirect communication with the Government regarding performance of the contract.
- Focused on prevention and identification of contract deficiencies.
- Utilizes a system of customer feedback as a means of determining performance quality.
- Requires maintenance of records for all EPS QA actions
- Conducts quarterly Quality Audits ensuring the processes of ISO are being carried out
EPS QUALITY CONTROL (QC) AND QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA) IS MODELED ON THE 8 PRINCIPLES THAT FORM THE BASIS FOR THE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ISO 9001:2008
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
EPS QUALITY IS ENSURED BY AN INDEPENDENT ORGANIZATION AT THE CORPORATE LEVEL AND PROVIDES FULL VISIBILITY INTO PROGRAM PERFORMANCE
Our program and our corporate leaders proactively seek to assure quality and continuous improvement. EPS trains the workforce to place a high value on process and product ownership, efficiency, cost control, and customer service. We positively reinforce ideas and innovations that improve our quality support to our programs through continuous process evaluations, good stewardship and our commitment.
EPS’ EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT ENSURES THAT RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES ARE DEFINED AND COMMUNICATED WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
Although all employees of EPS Corporation share the responsibilities for quality assurance, there are specific responsibilities that are directly imposed on key management personnel. Executive management and the corporate Quality Representative and their responsibilities are described below.
- President and Vice Chairman - The President and Vice Chariman, Ms. Antoinette Musorrafiti, is responsible for the overall operation of EPS and is ultimately responsible for establishing and/or approving corporate plans and policies, which include delegating explicit responsibility and authority for the Quality Assurance Program. He has final approval authority for EPS’ Quality Manual.
- Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer - Our Corporate compliance Officer, Mr. John Gagliano, ensures that all ethical corporate principles and QA processes and procedures are carried throughout and maintained and all employees are made aware.
- Quality Management Representative – The QA Representative, Ms. Sue Fioretti is responsible for reviewing and updating the Quality Management System (QMS) as needed, and for verifying compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP). Compliance is verified through audits of program activities conducted by the QA representative, who has the authority to require corrective actions and stop work as needed, to ensure compliance with the SOW.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE EPS ORGANIZATIONAL QUALITY POLICY
- Establishing standards of acceptability for all features and requirements, including those that contain subjective elements.
- Determining sequences and interaction of processes to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Identification and preparation of quality plans and records. Establishing the criteria and methods needed to achieve effective operation and control of each process
- Rapid response to customer’s complaints, inquiries and suggestions and adherence statutory and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the availability of resources and information necessary to support the operation and monitoring of these processes.
EPS utilizes ISO 9001:2008 certified QMS standard metrics both to determine how well its program and task orders are performing and to continually improve program management support across the EPS customer base. Quality performance metrics that are collected and analyzed are at both the task order and program levels. The metrics are tailored to the specific task order project.
The purpose of the EPS QMS is to ensure that the Government receives reliable, defect-free products, installations and services. EPS strives to have its work rank with industry leaders in quality and reliability, thereby providing customers with maximum return on their investment. Our QA describes the methods by which the corporation complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008. Accordingly, we view compliance as an essential condition for our continued success, development, and improvement in the performance of all our contracts.