SeaPort-e - Quality Management Systems
THE EPS QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (QMS) IS INTEGRATED WITHIN OUR SEAPORT-E PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
EPS brings forward leading commercial and federal quality practices and maintains a dedicated, independent team of Quality Management System (QMS) professionals who are trained in project management and QMS discipline. EPS's QMS is ISO 9001:2015 certified. EPS has been ISO certified since May 2002.
EPS maintains focus on quality through regular quality audits performed both by external certifying agencies and internal quality specialists. Quality audits verify that we are following our procedures and are communicating with our clients to solicit their feedback on our performance. They also document areas for improvement and define timeframes for implementation.
EPS’ proven approach to the development and implementation to a complete and comprehensive QMS supports the performance in the major services area functions required within scope of the SeaPort-e program. Our QMS is an active and integral part of what we do and how we do it and includes the following characteristics:
- Independent from all other parts of the EPS organization
- Directly accountable to the EPS President
- Facilitates direct and indirect communication with the government regarding performance of the contract
- Focused on prevention and identification of contract deficiencies
- Utilizes a system of customer feedback as a means of determining performance quality
- Requires maintenance of records for all EPS QMS actions
- Conducts quarterly quality audits ensuring the processes of ISO are being carried out
EPS QUALITY CONTROL (QC) AND QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA) IS MODELED ON THE 8 PRINCIPLES THAT FORM THE BASIS FOR THE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ISO 9001:2015
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Continual improvement
EPS QUALITY IS ENSURED BY AN INDEPENDENT ORGANIZATION AT THE CORPORATE LEVEL AND PROVIDES FULL VISIBILITY INTO PROGRAM PERFORMANCE
Our program and our corporate leaders proactively seek to assure quality and continuous improvement. EPS trains the workforce to place a high value on process and product ownership, efficiency, cost control, and customer service. We positively reinforce ideas and innovations that improve our quality support to our programs through continuous process evaluations, good stewardship and our commitment.
EPS’ TOP MANAGEMENT ENSURES THAT RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES ARE DEFINED AND COMMUNICATED WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
Although all employees of EPS share the responsibilities for quality assurance, there are specific responsibilities that are directly imposed on key management personnel. Top management and the corporate quality representative and their responsibilities are described below.
- President and Vice Chairman - The President and Vice Chariman, Ms. Antoinette Musorrafiti, is responsible for the overall operation of EPS and is ultimately responsible for establishing and/or approving corporate plans and policies, which include delegating explicit responsibility and authority for the QMS. She has final approval authority for EPS’ Quality Manual.
- Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and General Council - Our Corporate Compliance Officer, Mr. John Gagliano, ensures that all ethical corporate principles and QMS processes and procedures are adheared to and all employees are informed.
- Quality Management Systems Director – The QMS Director, Ms. Sue Fioretti is responsible for reviewing, updating and verifying compliance with the QMS, as needed and formally conducted quarterly.
Accordingly, we view compliance as an essential condition for our continued success, development and improvement in the performance of all our contracts.